1. Personal Information
“Personal information” covers all information that concerns living persons and contains names, birth dates or other statements that enable identification of particular individuals. Also, the term includes information that can easily be checked against other information to enable identification of particular individuals.
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
The Consortium will acquire personal information by lawful and fair means.
3. Use of Personal Information
The personal information that is gathered in the course of the Consortium’s operational activities will be used only for the purposes of carrying out the Consortium’s operational activities, service provision, and work appurtenant thereto. Examples of such use of personal information are: for creating name lists at the Secretariat or Working Groups; for sending to members information pertaining to the Consortium’s activities; for announcing seminars or study sessions to members or non-members; and for having questionnaires and the like.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Consortium will not provide personal information to any third party without the prior consent of the information subject(s), except where such provision is mandated by laws or regulations.
However, the Consortium may have to disclose personal information without the consent of the information subject(s) if provision of personal information is demanded by a legal agency, judicial organ or other government body.
5. Personal Information Management and Outsourcing
When outsourcing the handling of personal information, the Consortium will carry out appropriate supervision to have the outsourcee abide by personal information protection practices in accordance with this Policy.
– The Consortium will keep personal information accurate and manage it safely.
– The Consortium will take appropriate information security measures against unauthorized accessing, computer viruses and so forth, in order to prevent personal information from being lost, destroyed, falsified or leaked.
6. Manager of Personal Information
The following person has responsibility for managing the personal information gathered by the Consortium:
Person with responsibility for personal information management: Head of Secretariat, DITA Consortium Japan.
7. Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, and Erasure of Personal Information
The Consortium acknowledges the right of information subjects to require disclosure, correction, suspension of use, or erasure, etc., of their own personal information, and will promptly comply whenever any of these is requested.
8. Contact for Personal Information
Please direct any notifications, inquiries, requests or questions concerning personal information to:
Mr. Tetsuyoshi Kato
The Secretariat, DITA Consortium Japan
TEL: (+81)80-5051-7133, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org